Users can send text / sms messages to their customers when a job is scheduled to deliver / collect on a certain date and time.
To set text / SMS triggers go to Settings > Notifications. Click on Text / SMS settings tab to set up the Twilio settings. Then, go to Notifications settings tab and click on scheduled event trigger.
SCHEDULED EVENT TRIGGER
Scheduled event triggers a notification when a job is scheduled to deliver / collect at a certain future date. When the admin assigns a driver to a delivery date scheduled in future, tracking status changes from info-received to scheduled and notifications will be sent to the customers.
This event trigger is useful when the users wants to notify customers that their job orders are scheduled to delivered / collected by a certain date. If the customer is not able to receive the delivery / send the collection at the scheduled date, he/she is able to contact the customer service officers to change the date or time.
- Click on the Info-received to open a Update Notification page
- Select the type of job to trigger a scheduled notification,
Jobs – trigger notification when job’s tracking status has been scheduled
Delivery – trigger notification when delivery job has been scheduled
Collection – trigger notification when collection job has been scheduled
- Select Scheduled for the Events.
- If you have a specific group of jobs that you want to trigger the scheduled notification, select the group/s that you have preset by clicking on the Group box. You can choose multiple groups to trigger notification or leave it blank if you want to trigger notification for all jobs.
- Go to the Text / SMS tab.
- For the Send text / SMS to option, select the field containing the mobile number that you wish to notify when the event is triggered. This field is optional– you can choose not to send any text by not selecting any field.
Tip: The Phone no. and Sender Phone no. fields can be found in the Create Delivery form where you would usually enter the customer’s phone number.
If you cannot find Sender Phone no. in the form, go to Settings > Delivery and enable the field Sender Phone no.
- If you wish to notify other recipients such as internal staff or 3rd party contractors, enter their mobile numbers (one per line) in the Other Fixed Numbers box provided. This field is optional – you can choose not to send any text to others by leaving the field empty.
- Type your customized text message in the Text / SMS body field.
- A tracking link will be included in your text message after the text body. The link, when tapped on smartphones, will send the recipients to a direct tracking page where they can easily track the status of their deliveries. The recipients will also be able to rate the Goods / Service, the Driver, as well as provide feedback regarding the delivery to you.
Tip: if you do not wish to include a tracking link in your text / SMS, simply switch off the Include Tracking Widget Link option.
To be able to collect ratings and feedbacks via the tracking page, you need to enable the fields Goods Service Rating, Driver Rating and Feedback Remarks via Settings > Delivery > Fields.
- Click Save.
Note #2: Kindly keep the number of characters in your SMS body to within 160, else it may use more than 1 credit per notification.
To create a new notification, click on the Add Notification button, fill in the details and click Save.