Answers to Detrack’s most Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve answered some common questions regarding Detrack below. If you’re an existing user looking for tutorials or support, go here.
- 1. Can Detrack let my customers track their deliveries in real time?Open This In A New Tab
Yes! Delivery status is displayed in real time to the customer. With Tap To Track, customers see their deliveries coming to them LIVE on a map - down to the second. Customers can track and trace their deliveries in real-time via a custom tracking link with delivery status updated live every step of the way.
Find out more about Tap To Track here.
- 2. What is the maximum number of drivers I can track?Open This In A New Tab
There is no limit to the number of drivers you can track at any one point in time. From one to hundreds, or even thousands of drivers, just add your drivers as you grow and we’ll track them for you.
- 3. How long will it take to deploy Detrack across my entire fleet?Open This In A New Tab
You can deploy Detrack across your entire fleet of drivers as soon as today! Follow the steps below to get tracking right away.
- Register for a free account
- Download the Detrack app from App Store or Google Play
- Add your devices and deliveries
It’s that simple. Sign up for your free account now.
- 4. Can I optimize my vehicle routes in Detrack?Open This In A New Tab
Detrack ships with a Smart Sort feature out of the box. This means the nearest jobs will always appear at the top of your driver's list. If you require more sophisticated route planning and optimization i.e. auto assignment with capacity, load, time windows, etc., you can optimize your routes using ElasticRoute (integrated with Detrack).
- 5. Do I need to integrate Detrack with my system before I can use it?Open This In A New Tab
No. We’ve designed Detrack to be simple and save you the hassle of integrating different systems just to start tracking your deliveries. Simply use our web forms to add your deliveries or import your manifest file (CSV / Excel format) into our system. You can then export PODs in PDF, Excel or CSV. If you want more automation, you can always integrate your system with Detrack via our Application Programming Interface (API).
Contact us at email@example.com for assistance on systems integration.
- 6. Does your API allow me to feedback the delivery statuses to each of my customers’ system?Open This In A New Tab
Yes. Our API is designed to be ready for third party logistics service providers (3PLs) to feedback job statuses (via webhooks or individual API access) to different customers' systems. This allows customers to receive real-time delivery updates in their system. In fact, many of our 3PLs have won contracts because of this capability.
- 7. How will I be notified when a delivery is completed?Open This In A New Tab
You will be notified instantly via email when a delivery is completed, whether it is successful or not. You will also be able to see the delivery updated live (no refreshing needed) on the deliveries screen, color-coded to reflect its delivery status.
- 8. What are the payment modes available?Open This In A New Tab
We accept PayPal and all major debit or credit cards including Amex cards. We also accept telegraphic transfer for invoices over $1000 USD.
- 9. Can I cancel my subscription anytime?Open This In A New Tab
Yes. Our price plans are contract-free and you may cancel your subscription anytime without penalty, although any remaining unused license period will not be refunded.
- 10. How accurate is Detrack’s vehicle tracking?Open This In A New Tab
Our Detrack app uses highly accurate GPS satellites to pinpoint the locations of your vehicles with a guaranteed accuracy of up to 50m. Accuracy is usually better at around 10m ~ 20m during actual use.
- 11. Can I use Detrack for vehicle tracking only?Open This In A New Tab
Yes, most definitely. You can use Detrack for both vehicle tracking and proof of delivery or just vehicle tracking alone. Using Detrack for vehicle tracking is as simple as downloading the app, adding your device to your dashboard, and you can start tracking your vehicle right away.
- 12. Can Detrack be used for Proof of Service?Open This In A New Tab
Yes! In fact, we have many clients who use Detrack for Proof of Service. Our app can capture the arrival time (or start time) and multiple photos for proof of work done. You can capture the time you started, photos before and after the delivery, and finally, the delivery time and signature of your customer upon job completion. All these will be reflected in the POD which you can then use for invoicing customers.
- 13. How long does it take for uploaded deliveries on the Detrack dashboard to appear on my drivers’ smartphones?Open This In A New Tab
It may take up to 2 minutes (but usually shorter) for newly added deliveries or changes to appear in your driver’s Detrack app. For bulk uploads or edits i.e. via CSV import or API, it may take a couple more minutes.
- 14. Can I re-assign a delivery from one driver to another while they are on the road?Open This In A New Tab
Certainly. Re-assigned deliveries may take up to 2 minutes to be reflected on another driver’s devices. Drivers who receive a new delivery or have a delivery removed from their list will receive a push notification informing them of the change.
- 15. Can I use the app to push out available jobs to my drivers?Open This In A New Tab
Yes. You can use Detrack's Marketplace feature to push out all available jobs to your entire fleet of drivers. Drivers will receive a push notification when this happens. You can also tag a price to each job for your drivers' reference. Once a job has been “grabbed”, it will automatically be assigned to the driver.
How Detrack Solved Teak & Mahogany’s Logistics Problems
SEE CASE STUDY
How PAN Logistics used Detrack to provide Customers with PODs
SEE CASE STUDY
SGS Logistics Offers Customers Driver Management Tech
SEE CASE STUDY
Mansco goes Paperless with Detrack
SEE CASE STUDY