Users can send text / SMS messages to their customers when a job is completed or partially completed. To set text / SMS triggers go to Settings > Notifications.
Click on Text / SMS settings tab to set up the settings. Then, go to Notification settings tab and click on completed / partially completed event trigger.
- Click on the completed / partially completed to open a Update Notification page
- Select the type of job to trigger a completed / partially notification,
- Jobs – trigger notification when jobs is completed
- Delivery – trigger notification when delivery jobs are completed
- Collection – trigger notification when collection jobs are completed
- Select Completed for the events. However, if you wish to use the same setting for other events, you can include other events such as partially completed etc.
- If you have a specific group of jobs that you want to trigger the completed notification, select the group/s that you have preset by clicking on the Group box. You can choose multiple groups to trigger notification or leave it blank if you want to trigger notification for all jobs.
Text / SMS
- Click on Text / SMS tab.
- For the Send text / SMS to option, select the field containing the mobile number that you wish to notify when the event is triggered.
There are 4 options for this field.
Field Description Select Field None. Does not take reference from any of the job fields for sending out text / SMS. Phone No. Takes reference from the Phone No. for sending out the Text / SMS. Sender Phone No. Takes reference from the Sender Phone No. for sending out the Text / SMS. Other Phone Numbers Takes reference from the Other Phone Numbers for sending out the Text / SMS.
The Phone No., Sender Phone No. and Other Phone Numbers can be enabled under Settings > Job > Fields.
- If you wish to notify other recipients such as internal staff or 3rd party contractors, enter their mobile numbers (one per line) in the Other Fixed Numbers box provided. This field is optional – you can choose not to send any text to others by leaving the field empty.
- Type your customized text message in the Text / SMS body field.
This link will direct tracking page to track the status of their deliveries.
The recipients will also be able to rate the Goods / Service, the Driver, as well as provide feedback regarding the delivery to you.
Tip: if you do not wish to include a tracking link in your text / SMS, simply switch off the Include Tracking Widget Link option.
To be able to collect ratings and feedback via the tracking page, you need to enable the fields Goods Service Rating, Driver Rating and Feedback Remarks via Settings > Job > Fields.
The maximum number of characters for a text message is 160.
If the resulting message is longer than 160, it will be broken down into two or more text messages and you will be charged accordingly to the SMS provider.
To create a new notification, click on the Add Notification button, fill in the details and click Save.