Users can send text / sms messages to their customers when a new job is added / imported to job list.
To set text / SMS triggers go to Settings > Notifications > Notification Settings. Then, click on Info-received event trigger.
INFO-RECEIVED EVENT TRIGGER
Info-received event triggers a notification when new jobs are added / imported to Detrack. The initial status can be In-transit or In-progress. However, if the existing jobs in the system are rescheduled to another date, no notification will be sent.
This event trigger is useful when the company wants to notify customers that their job orders are currently being processed. Once jobs are added or imported, it will trigger the system to send a notification via email or text SMS to inform the customer.
- Click on the Info-received to open a Update Notification page
- Select the type of job to trigger a info-received notification,
Jobs – trigger notification when importing any jobs
Delivery – trigger notification when delivery jobs are added or imported
Collection – trigger notification when collection jobs are added or imported
- Select info-received. for the Events.
- If you have a specific group of jobs that you want to trigger the info-received notification, select the group/s that you have preset by clicking on the Group box. You can choose multiple groups to trigger a notification or leave it blank if you want to trigger a notification for all jobs.
Click on Text / SMS tab.
For the Send text / SMS to option, select the field containing the mobile number that you wish to notify when the event is triggered. This field is optional– you can choose not to send any text by not selecting any field.
Tip: The Phone no. and Sender Phone no. fields can be found in the Add Delivery/Collection form where you would usually enter the customer’s phone number.
If you cannot find Phone or Sender Phone in the form, go to Settings > Job > Fields and enable the field Phone or Sender Phone.
- If you wish to notify other recipients such as internal staff or 3rd party contractors, enter their mobile numbers (one per line) in the Other Fixed Numbers box provided. This field is optional – you can choose not to send any text to others by leaving the field empty.
- Type your customized text message in the Text / SMS body field.
- A tracking link will be included in your text message after the text body. The link, when tapped on smartphones, will send the recipients to a direct tracking page where they can easily track the status of their deliveries. The recipients will also be able to rate the Goods / Service, the Driver, as well as provide feedback regarding the delivery to you.
Tip: if you do not wish to include a tracking link in your text / SMS, simply switch off the Include Tracking Widget Link option.
To be able to collect ratings and feedbacks via the tracking page, you need to enable the fields Goods Service Rating, Driver Rating and Feedback Remarks via Settings > Job > Fields.
- Click Save and send text notification button to send a sample text notification to the test phone number or click Saveto save your settings.
Note #1: the maximum number of characters for a text message is 160. If the resulting message is longer than 160, it will be broken down into two or more text messages and you will be charged accordingly to the SMS provider.
Note #2: Kindly keep the number of characters in your SMS body to within 160, else it may use more than 1 credit per notification.
To create a new notification, click on the Add Notification button, fill in the details and click Save.