WYSIWYG (or HTML) editor for your email templates offers you the ability to style your email notifications to suit your preferences or to match your corporate identity.
The WYSIWYG HTML editor allows you to:
- Change your font to Arial, Verdana, Georgia, etc.
- Change your font sizes of the text from 8 point to 36 point, etc.
- Change the alignment of your text, left, right alignment etc.
- Style your text with bold, italic, underline, etc.
- Insert hyperlinks to your website or your email
- Insert images such as your corporate logo
CHANGE YOUR FONT TO ARIAL, VERDANA, GEORGIA, ETC.
To change your font to other font type,
- Highlight the words to be changed
- Click on the drop down Font Family button
- Select the font type you prefer
CHANGE YOUR FONT SIZES FROM 8 POINT TO 36 POINT, ETC.
To change your font size,
- Highlight the words to be changed in font size
- Click on the drop down Font Sizes button
- Select the size you prefer
CHANGE THE ALIGNMENT OF YOUR TEXT, LEFT, RIGHT ALIGNMENT ETC.
To change the text alignment, highlight the words to be aligned. Then click on the following icons in the WYSIWYG HTML editor toolbar.
- Align Left icon to align text to the left
- Align Right icon to align text to the right
- Align Centre icon to align text in the centre
- Align Justify icon to align text in justify
STYLE YOUR TEXT WITH BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERLINE, ETC.
To change the style of your text,
- Highlight the words to be styled
- Click the drop down Format button and select Inline
- Click on the style that you preferred from the list
INSERT HYPERLINKS TO YOUR WEBSITE OR YOUR EMAIL
To insert hyperlinks to your website or your email,
- Click on the Insert/edit link icon
- Type in the hyperlink address in the URL field
- Fill in Text to Display. This text will be shown instead of the hyperlink address
- Fill in the Title field. This title will show up when you mouse above the text
- Select None to open the hyperlink on the same window or select New Window to open hyperlink in a new window
INSERT IMAGES SUCH AS YOUR CORPORATE LOGO
To insert images such as your company logo, you will first need to obtain your logo image url. It can be taken from your own company website by following the steps below:
- Go to your company website, find your company logo
- Right click on your company logo and select Copy Image URL
If you do not have a ready company logo image on your company website that can be copied, you will need to upload your image logo onto a free image hosting site before you can insert the logo onto the email notification.
To upload your image logo onto a free image hosting site,
- Go to https://www.flickr.com/
- Click Sign up and fill in the registration details
- Login into Flickr and click on Upload
- Click on Choose photos and videos
- Select your image logo file and click Open. The image will be uploaded onto the Flickr website
- Right click on your image logo and select Copy Image URL
In the WYSIWYG (or HTML) editor, click on the Insert/edit image icon and the Insert/edit image Form will appear.
To insert the company logo,
- Paste the logo image url that you have just copied into the Source field
- Type in image description for your logo in the Image description field
- Click OK and the logo will be inserted into the WYSIWYG (or HTML) editor
Once you have completed customizing your email notification, click Save to save your email template.