Users can send text / sms messages to their customers when a job is scheduled to deliver / collect on a certain date and time. To set text / SMS triggers go to Settings > Notifications. Scroll down to Text / SMS settings to set up the Twilio settings. Then, go to Notifications section and click on scheduled event trigger.
SCHEDULED EVENT TRIGGER
Scheduled event triggers a notification when a job is scheduled to deliver / collect at a certain future date. When the admin assigns a driver to a delivery date scheduled in future, tracking status changes from info-received to scheduled and notifications will be sent to the customers.
This event trigger is useful when the users wants to notify customers that their job orders are scheduled to delivered / collected by a certain date. If the customer is not able to receive the delivery / send the collection at the scheduled date, he/she is able to contact the customer service officers to change the date or time.
- Click on the Info-received to open a Edit Notification page
- Select the type of job to trigger a scheduled notification,
- Jobs – trigger notification when job’s tracking status has been scheduled
- Delivery – trigger notification when delivery job has been scheduled
- Collection – trigger notification when collection job has been scheduled
- Events is by default scheduled. However, if you wish to use the same setting for other events, you can include other events such as info-received etc.
- If you have a specific group of jobs that you want to trigger the scheduled notification, select the group/s that you have preset by clicking on the Group box. You can choose multiple groups to trigger notification or leave it blank if you want to trigger notification for all jobs.
- Go to the Text / SMS section.
- For the Send text to job’s option, select the field containing the mobile number that you wish to notify when the event is triggered. This field is optional – you can choose not to send any text by not selecting any field.
Tip: The Phone # and Sender phone # fields can be found in the Add Delivery form where you would usually enter the customer’s phone number.If you cannot find Sender phone # in the form, go to Settings > Delivery Settings and enable the field Sender phone #.
- If you wish to notify other recipients such as internal staff or 3rd party contractors, enter their mobile numbers (one per line) in the Other fixed numbers box provided. This field is optional – you can choose not to send any text to others by leaving the field empty.
- Type your customized text message in the text body field.
- A tracking link will be included in your text message after the text body. The link, when tapped on smartphones, will send the recipients to a direct tracking page where they can easily track the status of their deliveries. The recipients will also be able to rate the Goods / Service, the Driver, as well as provide feedback regarding the delivery to you.
Tip: if you do not wish to include a tracking link in your text / SMS, simply uncheck the Include tracking link option.To be able to collect ratings and feedbacks via the tracking page, you need to enable the fields Goods Service Rating, Driver Rating and Feedback Remarks via Settings > Delivery Settings > Fields.
- Click Save and send text notification button to send a sample text notification to the test phone # or click Save to save your settings.
Note #1: the maximum number of characters for a text message is 160. If the resulting message is longer than 160, it will be broken down into two or more text messages and you will be charged accordingly in Twilio. Check out the text / SMS pricing at TwilioNote #2: our default text / SMS template may use up to 2 messages per notification. You may want to shorten it before you start sending notifications to your customers.
To create a new notification, click on the Add Notification button, fill in the details and click Save.
Check out the tutorials below to create notifications for other event triggers.
- How To Send Text / SMS When A Job Is Added
- How To Send Text / SMS At Certain Day And Time
- How To Send Text / SMS When A Job Is Out For Delivery
- How To Send Text / SMS When Heading To Job Location
- How To Send Text / SMS When Cancel Heading To Location
- How To Send Text / SMS When Arrived At Location
- How To Send Text / SMS When A Job Is Completed or Partially Completed
- How To Send Text / SMS When A Job Is Failed
- How To Send Text / SMS When A Rating / Feedback Is Submitted