The ETA Time and Live ETA can be used to inform your customer of the scheduled timings for your deliveries.
ETA Time is the estimated time of arrival that the driver will reached the customer’s place; whereas Live ETA is the adjusted estimated time of arrival taking by taking reference from the last POD time and ETA Time of the previous job.
If you wish to display the estimated time of arrival (ETA) on the tracking widget, you may do so with the following steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Job > Fields > enable ETA Time > Save.
*If you wish to use Live ETA feature, enable the Live ETA as well.
- Navigate to the Settings > Tracking Widget.
- Click on the Options tab > enable Display live ETA > Save.
- Upon job creation, you may enter the time (HH:MM) into the ETA Time field, e.g. 18:00.
(Please note that the jobs must completed according to the ascending ETA Time sequence for the Live ETA to work properly.)
- Below is a list of jobs with the ETA time enabled, with the Live ETA shown besides it. Upon creation of the job, the Live ETA will take the values from the ETA Time.
- Assuming the driver complete and POD the job earlier for D.O. No.: D1, the Live ETA for the subsequent jobs (i.e. D2, D3 and D4) will have their Live ETA time adjusted automatically based on the time difference of the POD At and Live ETA timings (-4 hrs).
Note the change of Live ETA for D2, D3 and D4. Their Live ETA timings had been pushed forward by about 4 hrs.
- Subsequently, if D.O. No: D2 were to be completed, the time difference between the POD At and ETA Time (-4 hr) would be applied to the Live ETA of the subsequent jobs, D3 and D4.