Drivers can send text / sms messages to their customers when the driver is heading to the job location for delivery / collection. To set text / SMS triggers go to Settings > Notifications.
Click on Text / SMS settings tab to set up the Twilio settings. Then, go to Notification settings tab and click on heading-to event trigger.
HEADING-TO EVENT TRIGGER
Heading-to event triggers a notification when the driver taps Head To Location button on Detrack App. The notification will have a tracking link that shows the live location of the driver and the time required for the driver to arrived at the destination.
This event trigger is useful when the drivers wants to notify customers that they are heading to their location to ensure that there is someone to receive / send the parcel. If the customer is not able to receive the delivery / send the parcel at the scheduled time, he/she is able to arrange for alternatives or postpone the time.
- Click on the “heading-to” to open a Update Notification page
- Select the type of job to trigger a heading-to notification,
Jobs – trigger notification for all jobs when driver taps Head To Location
Delivery – trigger notification to delivery job when driver taps Head To Location
Collection – trigger notification to collection when driver taps Head To Location
- Select heading-to for the Events.
- If you have a specific group of jobs that you want to trigger the heading-to notification, select the group/s that you have preset by clicking on the Group box. You can choose multiple groups to trigger notification or leave it blank if you want to trigger notification for all jobs.
- Go to the Text / SMS tab.
- For the Send text / SMS to option, select the field containing the mobile number that you wish to notify when the event is triggered. This field is optional– you can choose not to send any text by not selecting any field.
Tip: The Phone no. and Sender phone no. fields can be found in the Create Delivery form where you would usually enter the customer’s phone number.
If you cannot find Sender phone no. in the form, go to Settings > Delivery and enable the field Sender phone no.
- If you wish to notify other recipients such as internal staff or 3rd party contractors, enter their mobile numbers (one per line) in the Other Fixed Numbers box provided. This field is optional – you can choose not to send any text to others by leaving the field empty.
- Type your customized text message in the Text / SMS body field.
- A tracking link will be included in your text message after the text body. The link, when tapped on smartphones, will send the recipients to a direct tracking page where they can easily track the status of their deliveries. The recipients will also be able to rate the Goods / Service, the Driver, as well as provide feedback regarding the delivery to you.
Tip: if you do not wish to include a tracking link in your text / SMS, simply uncheck the Include tracking link option.
To be able to collect ratings and feedbacks via the tracking page, you need to enable the fields Goods Service Rating, Driver Rating and Feedback Remarks via Settings > Delivery > Fields.
- Click Save.
Note #2: Kindly keep the number of characters in your SMS body to within 160, else it may use more than 1 credit per notification.
To create a new notification, click on the Add Notification button, fill in the details and click Save.
ON DRIVERS APP
For Drivers to trigger a text / SMS notification,
- go to the Detrack App, tap on Start
- tap on the job that the driver is going to deliver / collect
- tap on the camera icon
- tap on Head To Location button
- a notification will be send to the recipient
Tap on the job to complete
- Tap on Camera icon to select the option for Heading To Location.
- Tap on the button Head To Location.