This article is regarding the setting of a notification when the job is Out for Delivery. (Job is assigned to a driver, and that the date of delivery is of the current date.)
- Navigate to Settings > Notifications.
Click on Notification Settings tab to set up the SMS settings.
- Click on the Add Notification button to open a New Notification page
Select the type of job to trigger the notification,
- Jobs – trigger notification when both delivery and collection jobs are assigned to drivers delivering on the same day (out for delivery)
- Delivery – trigger notification when delivery jobs are assigned to drivers delivering on the same day (out for delivery)
Collection -trigger notification when collection jobs are assigned to drivers collecting on the same day (out for collection)
- Group – Optional
Leaving it blank will result in this notification template to be applicable to all jobs.
- Select On job date for Pre-job Sending Date field.
Select When job is assigned for Pre-job Sending Time field.
- Navigate to Text / SMS tab.
For the Send text / SMS to option, select the field containing the mobile number that you wish to notify when the event is triggered.
There are 4 options for this field.
Field Description Select Field None. Does not take reference from any of the job fields for sending out text / SMS. Phone No. Takes reference from the Phone No. for sending out the Text / SMS. Sender Phone No. Takes reference from the Sender Phone No. for sending out the Text / SMS. Other Phone Numbers Takes reference from the Other Phone Numbers for sending out the Text / SMS.
- Other Fixed Numbers – Optional
The notification will always be triggered to entries in this field.
Typically used to notify internal staff or or 3rd party contractors.
Enter your customized text message in the Text / SMS body field.
Note: Your SMS service provider will charge you > 1 credit per SMS if the the number of characters in your SMS is > 160 characters.
A tracking link can be included in your text message after the text body for the recipients to track the status of their deliveries.
- Click Save when done.