The Cash on Delivery (COD) is a feature that can assist to perform simple book-keeping for your jobs.
If there are some jobs that require drivers to collect payment upon delivery or collection, users can set up cash on delivery during job creation to alert the drivers that cash needs to be collected upon delivery or collection.
Drivers will be alerted with a sound play from the driver app to remind the drivers that they need to collect cash from the recipients when submitting the POD.
Refer to How To Enter Payment Amount For COD.
Should you wish to capture the cash collected by the drivers and the Admin, first you will need to activate the field “Payment Amount”.
- Navigate to Settings > Job > Fields > Enable “Payment Amount” and Save.
- After the “Payment Amount” field has been activated, the field will be available on the dashboard for admin to enter the amount to be collected by the driver for the job.
- The payment amount to be collected will be shown on the Driver App.
- Click on the Camera icon to bring out a pop-out. Scroll down to “Enter Paid Amount” to enter the payment amount.
- Upon completion of the POD process, the information will be captured in the COD section. To enter the Admin amount collected, you will need to go to Jobs > Calendar > Select date > COD Collections > select the driver.
- You may click on the driver’s name to enter the amount of cash that Admin is going to collect from the driver in the “Enter Collection” field.
Total Payment Amount is total amount of cash to be collected from the customer.
Driver Collected is the total amount of cash driver has collected from his completed jobs.
Admin Collected is the total amount of cash Admin has collected from driver.
Making payment collection compulsory
- Go to Settings > Job > POD.
Under the Options tab, enable “Driver must enter payment amount” and save. Once this option is enabled, all drivers are required to enter the payment amount collected before submitting the POD.