Webhook PUSH notifications is a HTTP callback, i.e. this feature is for Detrack to POST a notification to the specified Webhook URL whenever there is a status update for the job.
This feature is used in the integration process to send information to your downstream third-party applications / systems.
Our PUSH notification will be posted from the I.P. addresses below. If necessary, kindly whitelist these I.P. addresses.
List of available Triggers for sending the Webhook notifications.
|In Transit||New job is added, with the primary status set to “In Transit”.|
|Info Received||New job is added, with the primary status set to “Info Received”.|
|Scheduled||Tracking widget status changed to “Scheduled”. When the job has an assigned driver, and that date of the job is of a future date.|
|In Progress||Occurs when the job has an assigned driver, and is of the current date.|
|Heading To||Driver tap “Head To Location” on Driver App.|
|Partially Completed||The job is partially completed, i.e. the job has at least 1 item being rejected in the Item Details.|
|Failed||The job is not completed.|
|Return||The job is set to the “Returned” status.|
|On Hold||The job is set to the “On Hold” status.|
|Deleted||When the job is “Deleted”.|
To receive the webhook notification, you will need a small web application that can accept the HTTP requests by adding a webhook URL to your application.
Example frameworks of server-side programming languages:
To set up the webhook for both Delivery and Collection jobs,
- Navigate to Settings > Webhook.
- You may select the required triggers (based on job status) to push the information over to the designated URL.
Basic Auth (Optional)
This section is for users who have a “Basic Auth” being enabled for the webhook URL.
- Select “Basic Auth” for “Webhook Auth Type”.
- Enter your “Username” and “Password” into the “Username” and “Password” fields respectively.
Alternatively, if you wish to separate the webhooks into Delivery and Collection jobs, you may enter the Webhook URL separately under Delivery or Collection.
- Navigate to Settings > Delivery or Collection
- You may enter the URL into the field.
Checking Of Webhook Status And Re-POSTing
1. For checking of webhook status, navigate to Settings > Job > Fields.
2. Enable the “Webhook URL” field.
3. Click Save when done.
4. Create a dummy job.
5. Click the icon under the “Webhook Status” column to open a pop-up.
6. You may refer to the various HTTP statuses for troubleshooting, and re-post the PUSH notification by clicking on the icon under the “Repost” column.
HTTP Status Codes
|HTTP Status Code||Description|
|4xx||Client Error Response.|
|5xx||Server Error Response.|