Drivers can send text / sms messages to their customers when drivers have arrived at the job location for deliveries / collections. To set text / SMS triggers go to Settings > Notifications. Click on Text / SMS settings tab to set up the settings. Then, go to Notification settings tab and click on arrived event trigger.
ARRIVED EVENT TRIGGER
Arrived event triggers a notification when the driver taps Arrive At Location button on Detrack App to inform the recipient that the driver has arrived at the location.
This event trigger is useful when the drivers want to notify customers that they have arrived at their job location so that their customers is being informed real time.
- Click on the arrived to open a Update Notification page
- Select the type of job to trigger a arrived notification,
- Jobs – trigger notification for all jobs when driver taps Arrived At Location
- Delivery – trigger notification to delivery job when driver taps Arrived At Location
- Collection – trigger notification to collection when driver taps Arrived At Location
- Events is by default arrived.
- If you have a specific group of jobs that you want to trigger the arrived notification, select the group/s that you have preset by clicking on the Group box. You can choose multiple groups to trigger notification or leave it blank if you want to trigger notification for all jobs.
- Go to the Text / SMS tab.
- For the Send text / SMS to option, select the field containing the mobile number that you wish to notify when the event is triggered. This field is optional – you can choose not to send any text by not selecting any field.
Tip: The Phone no. and Sender phone no. fields can be found in the Create Delivery form where you would usually enter the customer’s phone number.If you cannot find Sender phone no. in the form, go to Settings > Delivery and enable the field Sender phone no.
- If you wish to notify other recipients such as internal staff or 3rd party contractors, enter their mobile numbers (one per line) in the Other Fixed Numbers box provided. This field is optional – you can choose not to send any text to others by leaving the field empty.
- Type your customized text message in the Text / SMS body field.
- A tracking link will be included in your text message after the text body. The link, when tapped on smartphones, will send the recipients to a direct tracking page where they can easily track the status of their deliveries. The recipients will also be able to rate the Goods / Service, the Driver, as well as provide feedback regarding the delivery to you.
Tip: if you do not wish to include a tracking link in your text / SMS, simply uncheck the Include tracking link option.To be able to collect ratings and feedbacks via the tracking page, you need to enable the fields Goods Service Rating, Driver Rating and Feedback Remarks via Settings > Delivery > Fields.
- Click Save and send text notification button to send a sample text notification to the test phone no. or click Save to save your settings.
Note #1: the maximum number of characters for a text message is 160. If the resulting message is longer than 160, it will be broken down into two or more text messages and you will be charged accordingly in Twilio. Check out the text / SMS pricing at TwilioNote #2: our default text / SMS template may use up to 2 messages per notification. You may want to shorten it before you start sending notifications to your customers.
To create a new notification, click on the Add Notification button, fill in the details and click Save.
ON DRIVERS APP STEPS
For Drivers to trigger a text / SMS notification,
- go to the Detrack App, tap on Start
- tap on the job that the driver is going to deliver / collect
- tap on the camera icon
- tap on Arrived At Location button
- a notification will be send to the recipient