Drivers can send text / sms messages to inform their customers that they will not head to their location anymore due to a change in plan or situation. To set text / SMS triggers go to Settings > Notifications. Scroll down to Text / SMS settings to set up the Twilio settings. Then, go to Notifications section and click on cancel–heading-to event trigger.
CANCEL-HEADING-TO EVENT TRIGGER
Cancel-heading-to event triggers a notification when the driver taps on Cancel Head To Location button on Detrack App. The system will trigger a text / sms notification to inform the customer of the cancellation.
This event trigger is useful when the drivers wants to notify customers that they will not head to their location anymore due to a change in plan or situation.
- Click on the Add Notification button to open a Add Notification page
- Select the type of job to trigger a cancel heading-to notification,
- Jobs – trigger notification for all jobs when driver taps Cancel Head To Location
- Delivery – trigger notification to delivery job when driver taps Cancel Head To Location
- Collection – trigger notification to collection when driver taps Cancel Head To Location
- Go to the Text / SMS section.
- For the Send text to job’s option, select the field containing the mobile number that you wish to notify when the event is triggered. This field is optional – you can choose not to send any text by not selecting any field.
Tip: The Phone # and Sender phone # fields can be found in the Add Delivery form where you would usually enter the customer’s phone number.If you cannot find Sender phone # in the form, go to Settings > Delivery Settings and enable the field Sender phone #.
- If you wish to notify other recipients such as internal staff or 3rd party contractors, enter their mobile numbers (one per line) in the Other fixed numbers box provided. This field is optional – you can choose not to send any text to others by leaving the field empty.
- Type your customized text message in the text body field.
- Click Save and send text notification button to send a sample text notification to the test phone # or click Save to save your settings.
Note #1: the maximum number of characters for a text message is 160. If the resulting message is longer than 160, it will be broken down into two or more text messages and you will be charged accordingly in Twilio. Check out the text / SMS pricing at TwilioNote #2: our default text / SMS template may use up to 2 messages per notification. You may want to shorten it before you start sending notifications to your customers.
To create a new notification, click on the Add Notification button, fill in the details and click Save.
ON DRIVERS APP
For Drivers to trigger a text / SMS notification,
- go to the Detrack App, tap on Start
- tap on the job that the driver is going to deliver / collect
- tap on the camera icon
- tap on Cancel Head To Location button
- a notification will be send to the recipient
Check out the tutorials below to create notifications for other event triggers.
- How To Send Text / SMS When A Job Is Added
- How To Send Text / SMS When Job Is Scheduled To Deliver / Collect
- How To Send Text / SMS At Certain Day And Time
- How To Send Text / SMS When A Job Is Out For Delivery
- How To Send Text / SMS When Heading To Job Location
- How To Send Text / SMS When Arrived At Location
- How To Send Text / SMS When A Job Is Completed or Partially Completed
- How To Send Text / SMS When A Job Is Failed
- How To Send Text / SMS When A Rating / Feedback Is Submitted