Drivers can send text / sms messages to inform their customers that they are not heading to their location due to a change.
To set text / SMS triggers go to Settings > Notifications. Then, go to Notifications > Settlings tab and click on Cancel–heading-to event trigger.
CANCEL-HEADING TO EVENT TRIGGER
Cancel-heading-to event triggers a notification when the driver taps on Cancel Head To Location button on Detrack App. The system will trigger a text / sms notification to inform the customer of the cancellation.
- Click on the Add Notification button to open a Add Notification page
- Select the type of job to trigger a cancel head-to notification,
- Jobs – trigger notification for all jobs when driver taps Cancel Head To Location
- Delivery – trigger notification to delivery job when driver taps Cancel Head To Location
- Collection – trigger notification to collection when driver taps Cancel Head To Location
- Click on Text / SMS tab.
- For the Send text / SMS to option, select the field containing the mobile number that you wish to notify when the event is triggered.
There are 4 options for this field.
Field Description Select Field None. Does not take reference from any of the job fields for sending out text / SMS. Phone No. Takes reference from the Phone No. for sending out the Text / SMS. Sender Phone No. Takes reference from the Sender Phone No. for sending out the Text / SMS. Other Phone Numbers Takes reference from the Other Phone Numbers for sending out the Text / SMS.
The Phone No., Sender Phone No. and Other Phone Numbers can be enabled under Settings > Job > Fields.
- If you wish to notify other recipients such as internal staff or 3rd party contractors, enter their mobile numbers (one per line) in the Other Fixed Numbers box provided. This field is optional – you can choose not to send any text to others by leaving the field empty.
- Type your customized text message in the Text / SMS body field.
- A tracking link will be included in your text message after the text body. The link, when tapped on smartphones, will send the recipients to a direct tracking page where they can easily track the status of their deliveries. The recipients will also be able to rate the Goods / Service, the Driver, as well as provide feedback regarding the delivery to you.
Tip: if you do not wish to include a tracking link in your text / SMS, simply switch off the Include Tracking Widget Link option.
To be able to collect ratings and feedback via the tracking page, you need to enable the fields Goods Service Rating, Driver Rating and Feedback Remarks via Settings > Job > Fields.
- Click Save and send text notification button to send a sample text notification to the test phone number or click Save to save your settings.
The maximum number of characters for a text message is 160.
If the resulting message is longer than 160, it will be broken down into two or more text messages and you will be charged accordingly to the SMS provider.
To create a new notification, click on the Add Notification button, fill in the details and click Save.
ON DRIVER APP
For Drivers to trigger the corresponding text / SMS notification,
- Start the Detrack Driver App
- Tap on the job that the driver is going to deliver / collect
- Tap on the camera icon
- Tap on Cancel Head To Location button. This option will only be present if the user triggered the Head To Location previously.
- A notification will be send to the recipient